Friday, February 11, 2005

Upgrade complete!

My system drive has been upgraded. I'm now using a Western Digital Raptor. This is a 74 Gig, 10,000 RPM drive using the SATA interface. The reviews of this drive are not lies! This upgrade has given my computer a nice kick in the pants. If anyone is looking to build them a new system I would highly recommend they use SATA drives instead of EIDE. As as far as the 10,000 RPM drives being loud. The one I bought isn't. If I wasn't looking out for the noise I would not have even noticed it. (But I do have a moderate level of fan noise!). Had some trouble having both a SATA drive and an EIDE drive and wanting to boot from the SATA until I messed with the Bios settings on my MSI motherboard. Other than that the install went without a hitch.

No comments: