Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Comcast DVR FIX!?!

Nothing agravates me more than spending thousands of dollars on a 50 inch Home Entertainment system only to hear my wife complain (yet again) that it has locked up while she is watching Friends!

Comcast's DCT6412 made by Motorola box number 5 step on down!

Just got off the phone with a Comcast Rep. Seems that they are now admitting that there is a problem with at least a batch of their Two Turner DVR set top boxes. I think it helped that I was able to give them this link regarding a newspaper article regarding the problem. The problems are frezing screens (when watching live tv) and corupted or missed recordings. Seems Comcast only has this problem in what they call their series 2 DVR but their Series 1 DVRs do not have this problem. Comcast said Motorola is aware of the problem and should be sending them (Comcast) a PATCH that they will be able to download to all the boxes. Since I've been dealing with this problem for 3 boxes now, and 2 tech trips out to my house... Comcast is finding me a series 1 two Turner DVR and hooking me up.

No comments: