Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Look out! Abyss is back...

For my birthday last October my wife and son bought me a ZBoard controler. Now I've been gaming since almost as long as Bled. (Yes I'm that old!) For the most part I have used a standard keyboard and mouse for FPS. Over the years I have tried more than a few controlers to see if they would work better for me. Here is just a few of them:

Belkin's Nostromo Speedpad n52

Thrustmaster's Tacticalboard

Microsoft Sidewinder Strategic Commander

Everyone of them took a long time to get used to. And in the end I have ended up going back to a standard keyboard and mouse. That is until I got my ZBoard! You want to know how I know the ZBoard is a keeper? It was the only one of the devices that I missed when I was forced to stop using it for a while.
Either the first run of these keyboards had a design defect or I just wore the sucker out. The makers of the board say it was a design defect and have replaced my board. This board does look slightly different so I'm I have hope.

Well I am now back to using my ZBoard so if all of a sudden you are dying by my hands more so than usaual you'll know why.

No comments: