Saturday, March 19, 2005

If you haven't already FILL OUT A LIVING WILL!

No peace yet for Terri Schiavo

If this doesn't make you fill out a living will nothing will. Let's say this happened to me. I'm now a vegetable being kept alive on a machine and I didn't have a living will. If my mother and father objected to my wife pulling the plug what would happen?

1) My wife and son would not get any insurance money or benefits from.
2) My wife and son would be saddled with my continued medical costs.
3) I would have to endure limbo.

Now what would happen if we passed a law that said the government could stop someone from pulling the plug?

1) My wife and son would not get any insurance money or benefits from.
2) My wife and son would be saddled with my continued medical costs. OR The tax payers would be saddled with my continued medical costs.
3) I would have to endure limbo.

So fill out a Living Will today. It is not enough any more to have a understanding between love ones. PUT IT IN PRINT AND HAVE IT NOTARIZED!

No comments: